Valentina and ERD

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:31:30 CDT 2007

Hi List,

It doesn't always have to be complaining when writing to the list, is
it ?

Just taught to let you know that today  I connected successfully to
an ERD package with Valentina

Bad news is it is windows only (for the moment)

My setup Valentina Server 2.5.8

installed VODBC

created a system dsn for my database

( installed Happy Fish 3.2.2--> did not work)

Installed the trial from ConceptDraw Professional  and

BINGO

Conceptdraw reads the database (all tables) AND UNDERSTANDS THE
RELATIONS

So now I am able to maintain a printable overview of the structure
of  my database

(Conceptdraw & Valentina would that be a Ukrainian Thing ?)

Happy

To be completely happy I just need to be able to get VODBC to work on
OSX (ConceptDraw is crossplatform)

This way I don't have to start my Virtual PC to get things working (I
"only" have 1 GB of RAM available which is barely enough to run OSX
AND XP simultaneously)

SO:

What is the correct way to get the odbc driver installed on OSX?

TIA

Bart Pietercil