[ANN] Valentina 2.5.9 uploaded.

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Tue Apr 10 02:23:08 CDT 2007

Hi,

on 10-04-2007 1:49, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Since installing 2.5.9 I've found it's very easy to get databases
> where, after adding and deleting references, I get a
>
> Database Engine Error: Segment "5" is wrong. The last segment is "4".
>
> (the numbers vary).
>
> I'll see if I can find steps to reproduce it, but I've had three
> fatally damaaged databases in the last hour.

I've noticed similar behaviour also,

What I'm doing is to change a db schema
(converting 2 String Fields 50 to Varchar Fields 255)
the first is a plain String Field and seems to produce no issues
the second is an Indexed Method String Field (based on the containts of
first one)

At first I get error message that I can't change the type of Method field
so I go the route of deleting it and creating a new Field (it's a calculated
method after all, no data loss)
It works fine but I get errors from diagnose regarding wrong index entries
(fixed by a Reindex) and others oddities I can't remember now

Seems that cloning the db after Schema changing fixes all this so that's
what I do

BTW
Why don't we have a .Reindex method and must use the SqlCommand for it?

Cool Runnings,
Erne.