Vista Problem with Valentina Xtra for Director

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Mon Apr 9 00:57:42 CDT 2007

On 9/4/07 5:52 AM, "Brian Vogel" <brian at techrhythm.com> wrote:

Brian,

You have miss point.
    Jochen did run Director and V4MD on XP.
    then he have build projector
    and try run compiled projector on vista. -- WORKS.

I.e. You MUST for now develop seating on XP.
But RESULT which you will deploy DO WORK on Vista.

So we do consider this as show stopper.
XP will be yet long time in game.

And on my PC I have HDD with 4 sections:
    XP1
    XP2
    Vista
    Linux.

So I can restart into any of this OS and do job there.

> Jochen,
>
> I did the same, except on my system it doesn't load the Vista Xtra.
> Director (aka the compiled projector) doesn't even load the DLL, so it
> can't even create it.  Any ideas on how I would configure a system to
> get it to run correctly?
>
> Brian
>
> Jochen Peters wrote:
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> today i have tested V4MD on Windows Vista:
>>
>> 1) I have compiled the "gettingStarted" example from V4MD as a
>> standalone Projektor
>> 2) I have made folder "GettingStarted"
>> 3) I have copied the projektor .exe inside this new folder
>> 4) I have made a subfolder "Xtras" and copied the V4MD xtra there
>> 5) i copied all stuff from the VComponents folder inside the
>> "GettingStarted" folder
>>
>> All these steps was made on XP using Director MX 2004
>>
>> 6) I moved this folder to my Vista box and started the projektor
>>
>> All works fine - the getting started example creates a Valentina
>> database, create a table and so on.
>> All as expected.
>>
>> So - i do not see any problems here with Vista as a runtime
>> environment. Of course i have not
>> installed Director on my Vista Box - all development was done on XP!
>>
>> --Best regards,
>> Jochen Peters
>> PIIT GmbH
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>> http://www.valentina-db.de
>>

>>> Hi Jochen,
>>> How goes your testing on the Valentina Xtra for Director Vista issue?
>>> Have you been able to replicate the problem or is the Xtra running
>>> fine on Vista for you?
>>>
>>> Our client is getting antsy to ship their product and I think it's
>>> very important to support Vista since all new computers are now
>>> shipping with the operating system. We have until Friday, April 13th
>>> to resolve this issue. If you need more information or a copy of the
>>> product to help you debug, I'll figure out what needs to be done on
>>> our end to make sure that happens. Please let me know the best way to
>>> proceed.
>>>
>>> --Bill Langenberg
>>> Manager of Media Technology
>>> Argosy Publishing