creation date

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Tue Apr 3 06:25:01 CDT 2007

g'day  Ruslan,

>>> I looks like I would need to place the now function in the default
>>> value for the field instead of creating a method.
>>> How would I do that ?
>> In VStudio you do it at the time you create the field. I don't know
>> of any way of changing it (through VStudio at least) after it's been
>> created
>
> 1) SQL:  ALTER TABLE
what's the correct syntax for this, the docs aren't clear:

ALTER TABLE age SET DEFAULT ‘25’  Is age a table or field??
Whichever it is, how is the other determined?

shouldn't it be something like:

alter table mytable column myfield set default 'false'

I've tried everything without luck.  I also tried:

alter table mytable alter column myfield set default 'false' and it
crashed VStudio.

cheers

kim