Director, Valentina Server, Bonjur Server or other auto-discovery

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 28 10:22:11 CDT 2006

On 9/28/06 2:59 AM, "Bernet, Eytan" <eytan_bernet at mcgraw-hill.com> wrote:

> So please tell me how this is easy, and what you have to show in this regard
> for the last 3+ years? Do you have sample code that does this? I will need
> to integrate some sort of discovery into my application.

We did not make anything in this direction because nobody have request this
feature actively, you see?

IF you sure that this is VERY MAJOR feature for your project, lets us know,
We can discuss this again all together on Valentina lists.

We have partner which have develop plugin for RB that use Bonjur, so I think
he can help us at least to better explain.

Main show stopper for us was that my developer say that CLIENT computer need
get installation (14 MB, for Window only although) of Bonjur. This is too
much for client...I do not believe into this, but did not have time to check
this self yet.

I doubt that you can integrate this self via Director....
May be only using its built-in network features (they work without Bonjur)?

I recommend you subscribe to Valentina list, and we can discuss this with
other Director developers. I will CC this letter to our list to start this
discussion.