[FAQ 1-2] Re: Valentina for Revolution Questions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Sep 26 09:51:19 CDT 2006

On 9/26/06 7:21 AM, "Popescu, Catalin" <Catalin.Popescu at vanco-us.com> wrote:

Hi Catalin,

> Hi, Ruslan,
>
> It took us some effort, but we are pretty close to be done with our conversion
> to Valentina 2.

> However, while testing, we just ran into a problem and we were unable to find
> the solution anywhere in the documentation (have checked your website
> extensively, to no avail).

> It appears that the syntax for pattern matching (e.g. "SELECT... WHERE x LIKE
> 'abc') has changed. It appears that RegEx was acceptable syntax for the
> pattern and it no longer is.

In 1.x LIKE did work with regex syntax right.

Now LIKE accept only SQL92 syntax

To use old regex syntax you need do WHERE f REGEX 'sfdsdf'

> Also, and more importantly, it appears that the
> "no_case" attribute for turning case-sensitivity off is also no longer valid.

right

> While the RegEx syntax no longer being supported is not too big a problem for
> us,

It is still supported. Even better - it works for Unicode

> we absolutely need a solution for case-insensitive pattern matching. Is
> there any solution available? If not, what are our alternatives?

You need to use

    db.CollationAttribute( kStrength ) = kPrimary

To get EVERYTHING for this db to be CASE insensitive and ACCENT insensitive.

You can assign different CollationAttribute for tables and fields.