[V4REV + V4MD] Vconnection -- error handing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Sep 19 21:40:26 CDT 2006

On 9/19/06 9:26 PM, "medips" <medips at mac.com> wrote:

>> Ivan have found that problem is in our examples.
>>
>>     Some stacks do not execute Connection_Close.
>

> OK, thanks for the info. I will download the correction when available.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible for V4REV not to crash when something like
> that happens? A return error code for subsequent calls would be more
> elegant, do you agree?

Of course.

And we already have realize for self source of problem.

Description is next:

* Vconnection class was introduced right in 2.4 version. So it is new.

* V4REV and V4MD both and only ADKs that do not have exceptions.
      C++, cocoa, REALBasic, NET, COM - all have

* for years we have use db.ErrNumber way for V4REV and V4MD
    as way to handle errors.

Now we have catch new situation:
    we create Vconnection BEFORE database object.
    so we do not have way to check errors during connection.

So our V4REV Example optimistically did not check errors after
    Connection_Open and on next call did crash.

Solution we see is:
    we will add Valentina_ErrNumber
    to be able check that error.