Why does Valentina crash upon closing a DB?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Sep 17 12:46:31 CDT 2006

On 9/17/06 12:04 PM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

> My application crashes upon closing a database and I don't understand
> why.
>
> The DB is not corrupted as far as I know. Everything seems to work well
> for searching and sorting and things like that.
> However, when my application tries to close the database, I get a crash.
>
> I have attached the crash log in hopes that you can shed some light
> on the situation, and tell me what I am doing wrong.

First of all you need make sure that you have destroy any cursor before you
do close db.

    We have of course protections from case when you have not delete them,
    And then db self close them.

Also is not legal case when you have not close db, but do ShutDown.

    We have protection from this.

But may be something is broken, or you have found one more case to crash.

-------
Also, crash log show

1   libvkernel_fat_release.dylib     0x01cbfa5c void
                                       fbl::DbStorage::ForEachLink

So I wonder, if open your db in Vstudio, and close then no crashes?
If no, this means that db itself is really good...

Something bad happens during your use...

Links .. May be during some join was born tmp link f1 = f2
But then again this means some cursor still alive.