Searching oe character with REGEX

Pierre Rossel prossel2 at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 17 00:14:04 CDT 2006

Hello,

I'm still struggling with the oe character in Valentina.

Just to remember, what I call "oe character" is a single character composed
of an "o" and  an "e" (see character 9C on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows-1252 )

Everything is still fine when using Vdatabase.IOEncoding = "Windows-1252" on
Windows. This character is stored as \\u0152 (in REGEX syntax) in Valentina
database.

Now I tried my search function which is using LIKE for separated words (very
fast) and REGEX for phrases.

It appears that using LIKE to search oe (2 chars) will find the special
char. This is GOOD. Well done !

However when searching with REGEX, it won't work. Is it a bug ?

I already have a workaround, but I would prefer not using it and the point
fixed in Valentina, if possible.

The workaround is to replace "oe" in the search sting by "(oe|\\u0152)"
(without the quotes).

Thank you.

Pierre Rossel