Character oe mac <-> win

Pierre Rossel prossel2 at myrealbox.com
Thu Sep 14 02:37:09 CDT 2006

Hello,

Sorry the character didn't go through the email servers.

The character is a single French character made by the concatenation of "o"
and "e": something like "oe".

> * May be you need specify Vdatabase.IOEncoding property

Yes, that was the solution.

On my Windows, put db.IOEncoding is returning "ISO-8859-1". However the "oe"
character is not present in this character set.
The character set with "oe" is "Windows-1252" (have a look here, it is char
0x0C: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows-1252 )

So, to fix the whole thing I had to change the IOEncoding property to
"Windows-1252".

I wonder if this could be the default encoding on Windows as it is the same
set as "ISO-8859-1", plus a few ones.

Pierre Rossel