Issue with TIME fields.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 13 10:36:03 CDT 2006

Hi Guys,

* You three was able produce this issue.

* you all it seems have create db on MAC.

* after this
    Russ have see issue in V4RB MACHO client
    Ray it seems in ADK?
    Chris on Windows in the moved from mac db.

* In 2 cases we have get your dbs and was able see next:

    - we pack TIME value into ULONG 4 bytes = 32 bits

    - but some last bits are not used.

    - we see that in database these bits are not ZEROED.

This results that GetString() produce correct value.
We see it correct in viSQL, app or Vstudio.

But if this value from DB is compared as LONG == LONG to other values
produced for search of course COMPARE fails.

-------
I have check all sources and places where we assign time values,
I do not see how this bits can catch garbage.

So my question to you is: WHAT WAY you have to use to assign time or
datetime value into database?

A) SQL:

    INSERT ..... VALUES ( '12:12:12' )

B) SQL + Cursor: