[V4RB] SegmentMap error

Bill Mounce BillMounce at Comcast.net
Thu Sep 7 14:44:48 CDT 2006

I am on the Mac, Valentina #2.4.1.

I have received a new VException error message. Evidently the
database is corrupted. I receive this error message when I go to the
record under program control:

SegmentMap is corrupted (# 628010).

I ran the Diagnose function in Studio and it acknowledged the problem
with this message:

Field: SEQUENCE. Index record count (182135) differ from field one
(182145).
Field: REFERENCE. Index record count (182135) differ from field one
(182145).
Field: GREEKIDENTIFIER1. Index record count (182135) differ from
field one (182145).

I deleted the indexes and let Valentina rebuild them. Diagnose no
longer says there is an error, but when I go to that record I get the
same error. I can look at the data in Studio and it is fine.

Any suggestions on how this happened and how to fix the problem?

Bill