[V4RB 1] Creating Table from Cursor

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 4 10:51:17 CDT 2006

On 9/4/06 5:53 AM, "Carsten Friehe" <rblists at online.de> wrote:

Hi Carsten,

>> Not recID but row number ???
>
> As Fred wrot, the currentposition should do it. :-)
>
> Is there a better solution for this type of problems in V4RB 2?

In V2 we have first of all RAM tables, which can speedup a lots this task.

About current position ... Todo this on SQL level it needs to have column
which have 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .... But how to get it ...

I still think you try todo some wrong.

------------
* Can you AGAIN describe your task ?
* why you think you cannot issue new SQL query ?

We have talk here with Ivan, in v2 we have Vfield.FindValue()

We wonder: in fact this function can be used for field of cursor.
     Most probably it will not work right now, should be tested.
     Just we never did think about this. :-)

So it looks like by logic of V4RB (and other) classes we can use all search
functions of Vfield for cursor fields. I.e. FindValue, FindRange, FindNulls,
... Search will be not-indexed of course.

Ivan still say this is somehow wrong. So we need carefully discuss your
needs and where this can be useful.