[NOTE] Class Way + Link Names

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 23 10:07:29 CDT 2006

Hi Guys,

REALbasic and C++ allow to use Class way style of coding.
I have discover an issue related to Link Names working on 1896 bug report.

This is resume:

There was summa of few issues!

1) was bug: DropField( objectPtr) which have no Target -- did not remove
from sys tables info about link part.

2) After fix of (1) we have in sys tables 59 linkes named from Link_1 to
Link_60, and Link_26 is missing. We have delete it. Now on db.Open we get
error message about problem with Link_27. Conceptual problem is that during
read from sys tables we find Tables, Fields and Links by name. But if for
Tables and Fields developer ALWAYS assign name self, for links we have use
auto-generation of names based on LinkID.

PROBLEM: And here problem when db catch one of links to be removed AND
developer uses Class-way. Because Links created in class objects numbered
sequantally. So a Link that must be Link_27 get name Link_26.

SOLUTION:

If Developer use Class way, then he MUST specify explicitly names of each
Link.

If you already have a database, then you can use Valentina Studio to see
real names of links.