Newbie

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 22 13:20:11 CDT 2006

On 22.10.2006 13:05, "Youri" <lystes at free.fr> wrote:

>> Which project fails? Your or our?
>

> My config is RB 2006 r4 under OS X 10.4.7 iMac G5.
>
> Your file downloaded "lesson 1 step 6" fails at the Open event of
> Window1 see bellow :
>
>    // If Database exists we open it, otherwise we create it.
>    try
>      mDatabase.Open( f ) ---> FAILS!
>    catch err as VException
>      mDatabase.Create( f, EVDbMode.kDscDatBlbInd )
>      CreateStructure()
>    end

Aha, I think I know what you mean.

Do you see that Debug window is thrown forward and some words about
Exception ?

This is NORMAL

And you see Debuger window because you REALbasic have ON
Option "Stop on Exception throw".

Disable this option in the menu Debug.

Run project again. Now you will not be stopped.

---------
And please read again carefully LOGIC of this function.
I believe text of tutorial SAYS that open() can throw exception.
This means that db file is absent.

Then we go into CATCH section and create db file on disk.

I think you are not used yet to conception of EXCEPTIONS.
Am I right ?

This is OO feature. It present in C++, Java, REALbasic.

Read RB docs about this for details