Newbie

Youri lystes at free.fr
Sat Oct 21 19:19:54 CDT 2006

Hello,

1st post on the list.

I am trying to learn Valentina using Real Basic.

I have tried the example at :

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:v4rb:tutorial:lesson1>

I have created the project myself, I downloaded the finished project
also and it fails every time I try to launch it in the following method :

dim f as FolderItem
f = GetFolderItem( "dbPersons.vdb" )
mDatabase = new VDatabase
// If Database exists we open it, otherwise we create it.
try
     mDatabase.Open( f )
catch err as VException
     mDatabase.Create( f, EVDbMode.kDscDatBlbInd )
end

Is there any other source of documentation to start from scratch?

Everything seems very complicated to start. For instance I found on V4RB
Reeference.pdf the Init method.

It says : inCacheSize   The size of the database cache in bytes.

And the example is
Valentina.Init( 5 * 1024 * 1024)

Why expressing the size this way? No explanation is provided for a
newbie like me.

Sorry if this seems totally stupid, but I am trying to learn.

Best regards,

Youri