Cursors VS RBDB

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 13 10:05:20 CDT 2006

On 10/13/06 9:41 AM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

> If I run a query, return a vCursor and put the data into a listbox,
> is there a way to access the data from a single row without having to
> perform another query.
>
>   rec_ID=listbox1.cell(listbox1.listindex,0) // returns actual recID
>
> // do something to the cursor so the following line will work.
>
>   efName.Text=mCursor.Field("Name").GetString
>
> I've tried various cursor.position options but can't get it to work.
> It works fine by simply executing a new query based on the RecID.

> Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm still not sure if I'm doing things
> the 'best' way.

So you need way access in Vcursor some record that use have click and may be
edit. Right?

The best way I think is:

You make in listbox hidden column where keep POSITION of a record of cursor.
RecID is not good for this task

The you extract pos from hidden column for clickerd record,
Dp

    Curs.position = pos

Solved.