IN 2.4.3 please ;-)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 13 08:52:04 CDT 2006

On 10/13/06 1:36 AM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
<christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:

>> No, this is not easy task.
>> No way for 2.5.
>>
>> Although wait...
>>
>> YOU CAN do next right now:
>>
>>     MyAppFolder
>>         MyApp.exe
>>         VComponents
>>         Xtras
>
> - and on Mac ???

On the MAC no way because Director and V4MD are PEF,
And MacOS do not have PATH for PEF.

Only thing you can do install VComponents into
    /Library/CFMSupport/VComponents

So it will not present in App folder.

For products like V4RB and V4REV which are MACHO, we can hide dlls inside of
app package.

AHA! Wait. REALbasic developers use special third party utility to build
true Apple Package around PEF! Please look into V4RB docs, section
Deployment. I bet you can use the same for app made by Director.

You can make everything in such way that user will work with SINGLE
    myapp.app file

> - the previous version (v1) was correct, why the v2 is not it?

v1 was single Xtra.

V2 is much more complex by design and it depend on more third party dlls.
Main problem with ICU...