Syntax for updating blob fields in C++ VSDK

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 13 08:46:47 CDT 2006

On 10/13/06 6:38 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

> The earlier messages did not really answer my question about the syntax.
>
> In desperation, I just tried to update the field like I do the other,
> non-Text fields:
>
> aHTMLTemplateTable->valueText->get_Value(forUpdate)->put_String
> ( templateBodyC );
> aHTMLTemplateTable->Table->UpdateRecord();
>
> even though the string in 'templateBodyC' is very long, it seems to
> work.

> Is this okay to do?

    valueText is a VTEXT field?

    templateBodyC is really a zero terminated string?

Then yes this is correct. Why you wonder that it works for long string?
VText do not have limited. Well 2Gb limit.

P.S. You do confusing thing that name filed as valueText.
    I'd name it as mfValueText.
    to underline that this is a Vfield