V4REV crashes with Valentina_DebugLevel( integer )

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 5 18:53:32 CDT 2006

On 10/5/06 6:36 PM, "medips" <medips at mac.com> wrote:

Hi medips,

>> Actually IF you will set DEbugLevel = something not zero,
>> then V4REV start check EACH REFERENCE.
>>
>> When you set debug_Level = 0, then V4REV think you are in RELEASE
>> mode, and
>> not spend time on checks.
>>
>> So do you use DebugLevel ?
>

> Hello Ruslan, Hello! hello! ...
>
> Precisely the problem *is* about setting the DebugLevel!

But as I have understand it is BECAUSE you use third party tool.
You can download already V4REV 2.4.3 release build.
Crash on number fixed, although it NOT enable debugLevel.

> Or do you suggest another method to use it, a global one in some init
> server file? Tell me more... Thanks.

MY QUESTION IS:

    if not use third party tool,
    if enable DebugLevel( kLogParams ) -- using CORRECT way

THEN do you see any way to crash V4REV ?
    If yes - please report into Mantis how to.

But I expect that in this mode - things will work much more stable.

-------
Also I see you mention VSERVER. So you use it ?

Are you using V4REV in your project to be ready as for LOCAL so for REMOTE
usage ?

It is good idea to build your app in such way. As we do in our examples.

Advantages

1) you get app which you can sale in 2 ways
    Desktop and Client/server

2) you can easy check if any bug which you see with SERVER is reproduced
with LOCAL way. If no -- then this help a lots localize where is problem.

------
DEbugLevel -- is feature of V4REV.
    Never mind if you work LOCAL or with VSERVER.
    its V4REV print messages into log.

If you get any crash log - please always send it to me offlist.