Is there a way to select records based on comparing field values in two related tables?

Steven Ronald stevenrt39 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 23 22:41:19 CST 2006

Ruslan,

>First of all.

>* WHY you have foo1 in the table B ?

>    this is DUPLICATION of data. Right?
>    this is not good.
>    You do not need that!

Mea Culpa. I don't come from a relational db
background but began working on web applications using
Verona in WS, and got into the habit of making my own
permanent record ids, since in verona you can't assume
the intrinsic record id stays constant. By the time I
moved to valentina I wasn't thinking in terms of
relating tables since I had got used to thinking in
terms of a flat database.

Now I'm updating some code I want to take advantage of
relating tables where appropriate. One thing I need to
do is get rid of my own record ids (foo1) and instead
use Object_ptr fields - you're right.

****

It is never stated in the documentation, but I presume
the correct (and only) way to populate the Object_ptr
field of a record in a Table is to first retrieve the
RecID field of the related record in the other
(related) table?

Best Regards,
Steven