V4MD: ERR_CONNECTION_BROKEN_RECEIVED_PACKET

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Nov 15 20:41:55 CST 2006

On 11/15/06 8:33 PM, "Martin S." <blackfin at elfenherz.de> wrote:

Hi Martin,

> Hi,
>
> I permanently  get this error from your Valentina Xtra, when querying
> our VServer with a clientside cursor that results in a "large" record
> count (more than 1000 records):
>
> ERR_CONNECTION_BROKEN_RECEIVED_PACKET
>
> Both Xtra and Server are the newest versions (2.4.3)
> It even happens when Client and Server are on the same machine and
> connections go through the loopback (localhost)
>
> What does this error exactly mean and what could be reasons / solutions
> for it?

Sounds like a bug in Compression of Packages ...

Can you estimate SIZE of this 1000 records?
I ask because we have test packages up to 1MB I think.

----
Also note, its not good idea to get so big client side cursors.
For BIG selections better play then via Server side cursors.

Assume you get 700 records cursor and it works.
How fast it come to you? Ask just for interest