V4MD: Crash when VComponents files are in same folder as Xtra

Pierre Rossel prossel2 at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 14 21:52:42 CST 2006

Hello,

Ruslan, you closed the bug 1986 in Mantis
http://www.valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=1986

If you don't consider as a bug the fact that Vcomponents files must be in
the same folder as the application (i.e. at the root of CD), could you at
least consider as a feature request those files being "hidden" in a
subdirectory, for example in the Xtras Folder ?

Your code can find the components near the xtra under windows, why not on OS
X ? Apparently it can find them because there is a crash. If those files are
in another place or missing, the is an error message, not a crash. So the
problem is probably not so deep.

Currently, Valentina forces OS X application to clutter its root with files
that users just don't have to cope with. As a Director developer, I don't
like that. Xtras are supposed to stay in the xtras folder, we can tolerate
other files in the xtras folder, but not on root. Would you like to have
your application (say Vstudio) forced to be distributed with several files
on root of the .dmg image by some of the components you use ? Of course no.
We don't like this either.

This is not a show stopper bug, of course. But it just makes things not
nice. Please keep it as a feature request.

Thank you.

Pierre Rossel