V4MD 2.4.3 for Director crashes on OSX Tiger

Martin S. blackfin at elfenherz.de
Tue Nov 14 17:08:21 CST 2006

Hi, it's me again,

First of all the good answer:

I was able to successfully migrate our project from Valentina 1 to
Valentina 2.

Now the bad one:

Sadly, this success is only visible on our Windows machines.
On the Mac (running OSX Tiger), our new V2-enabled Client-Application
crashes immediately after establishing a connection to our Valentina Server.
I have to mention that this server runs on a Windows XP machine and I
want to connect to it via Mac.
(UTF-16 and the possibility to have Mac and PC Clients connecting to the
same Server were the main reasons why we started to migrate to V2...)

Even Director himself crashes without any comment or wanring when I
establish a connection to the server.

I also tried a slightly modified example which shipped with the download
of the Xtra to connect to our Server (just changed hostname and username
in the sourcecode):
Not exactly the same behaviour, but even more fatal, the Mac crashed
(hung) completely so I had to restart it via the brute force method.

As I had our server running in very verbose debug mode, I can give you
the only error message it said to me:

<1684>Connection established with 'LUNA:49181'
<1612>. <Connections available: 4>
<1368>ERROR 0x82513: An invalid identifier (0x0) was specified while
processing client request.
<1368>Closing connection <1716>

I don't exaclty know what this means,  so can anybody help me?

regards,

Martin S.