Simple WebSiphon template works with ValentinaLib 1.8.10, doesn't work with ValentinaLib 1.11

Steven Ronald stevenrt39 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 14 10:34:37 CST 2006

Ruslan,

yes it works if I add CursorLocation, LockType and
CursorDirection to the parameters of valSQLSelect.

However I thought these parameters were optional?

Best Regards,
Steven

On 11/14/2006, at 3:01 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

On 11/13/06 12:51 PM, "Steven Ronald"
<stevenrt39 at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Hi Steven,

I think you have stick into Record Locks issue.

Please note that in 1.11 SqlSelect() have 3 new
parameters.

Ruslan,

I created a database using a websiphon template:

dbRef_xdb=valMakeNewDatabase("xdb");
boRef_x=valMakeNewBaseObject( dbRef_xdb, "x" );
valMakeNewField( boRef_x, "foo1", "ULong");
valMakeNewField( boRef_x, "foo2", "ULong");
valMakeNewField( boRef_x, "foo3", "Double");

I then run this template:

dbRef_xdb=valOpenDatabase("xdb");
cursorRef=valSQLSelect( dbRef_xdb, "SELECT * FROM x");
valAddRecord(cursorRef, [ ["foo1",43] ["foo2",2]
["foo3",0.34] ]);
valFlushDatabase( dbRef_xdb );
valRemoveCursor( cursorRef );

If I use ValentinaLib 1.8.10 I can run the first and
second templates successfully. However, if I delete
the database and repeat the process, but this time use
ValentinaLib 1.11, the first template will work - the
database is successfully created - but the second
template will not. I get the error

# Runtime error: Can't be updated

at the line

valAddRecord(cursorRef, [ ["foo1",43] ["foo2",2]
["foo3",0.34] ]);

I am using WebSiphon 2.0.9 on MacOS 9.1.

If you go back into the code to fix ValentinaLib 1.11
can you also look at the bug that prevents accessing
ValentinaLib Prefs from within WebSiphon when using
ValentinaLib 1.11.