VServer and launchd

Charles Yeomans charles at declareSub.com
Mon Nov 13 18:20:11 CST 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 6:05 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 11/14/06 12:52 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <charles at declareSub.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Actually I am having some trouble testing because the interface for
>> VDatabase has changed, and the documentation for VConnection is
>> unintelligible (bug #1984).  I looked at an example project, but it
>> didn't compile because the code has not been updated (bug #1983).
>> But I have a VServer process running on my computer.  Here are the
>> steps to follow.
>
> You need look right into ANY V4RB Examples,
>
>     e.g. API/Records_AddDelete
>
> In project you will see module ExampleTools.
> Double click it
>
> Here you will find methods which use VConnection

How lazy of me; I should have searched every example looking for any
that might have been updated :) API_way/Records_AddDeleteUpdate.rb
does indeed contain some sample code.  But it raises more questions
than answers.

I need to create a VConnection object.
Must I call its Open method before creating a new VDatabase object?

Once I have created a VDatabase object, do I need to keep a reference
to the VConnection object as long as the database is connected?

Must I call VDatabase.Close before calling VConnection.Close?

Et cetera.

Charles Yeomans