[V4RB] together making bindings

Charles Yeomans charles at declareSub.com
Mon Nov 13 15:11:45 CST 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 11/13/06 9:35 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <charles at declareSub.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Charles,
>
>>> And read it. It is about 2-4 pages as I remember.
>>
>> Beware that the code in those examples leaks objects, unless the text
>> has been recently updated.  If your binding examples followed the Rb
>> docs, you might want to recheck the examples.  I wrote up some
>> documentation on control binding in REALbasic that is available at
>> <http://www.declaresub.com/Articles/ControlBinding/index.html>.
>
> You mean that you have test our V4RB/Examples/Binding  ?
>
> For b15 ?

I have not.

> And you see leaks? How you see that?
> How we can see that ?

Use the debugger.  Open a window containing bound controls, then
close it.  Then examine the list of objects in the debugger. If there
are some controls lingering, then you probably have a leak.  The
example code in the Rb documentation created some circular
references, but did not break them later.

Charles Yeomans