General question on Database behaviour/SQL

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Tue Nov 7 10:28:34 CST 2006

> When you have READ ONLY cursor,
> You can UPDATE some record of some its table with help of OTHER SQL
> commands
>
>     UPDATE ... WHERE id = xxx
>
> Xxx you must extract from your first cursor.
>
> Actually this is how work all mySQL developers.
>
>     cursor -> id -> new update -> may be new cursor

And this is the only way? Remember I do not need data from the second table.
Is there not something like

SELECT * FROM KUNDENTABLE IF TRUE (SELECT * FROM KUNDENTABLE,
KUNDENKARTENTABLE WHERE KD_ID=CRD_KD_ID"

Or

SELECT * FROM KUNDENTABLE IN (SELECT * FROM KUNDENTABLE, KUNDENKARTENTABLE
WHERE KD_ID=CRD_KD_ID

?

Thank you and sorry for my litte SQL knowledge

Florian