Valentina not portable?

Balestrieri, John jbalestrieri at ap.org
Mon Nov 6 14:46:15 CST 2006

Hi,

I've built a PPC app (using Rb 2006, R3) that uses the valentina plugin.
When I try to run this on a different machine than my build machine, I get
an error saying that the plugin can't be found and the app must quit or
continue:

-----
Runtime Failure 4, Failed Assertion

Location: plugin.cpp:7487
Failure Condition: pluginEntryTable.GetEntry
( entrypointName, out )
Failure Message: can't find plugin method
Valentina.ErrNumber as Integer
-----

If I install the Valentina plugin that I download from the paradigma site, I
can then run the software. Valantina 1.x apps used to be portable -- not
requiring an install of any components -- what is happening?

John

The information contained in this communication is intended for the use of the designated recipients named above. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify The Associated Press immediately by telephone at +1-212-621-1898 and delete this email. Thank you.
[IP_US_DISC]