VarCharField Limitation of 5000?

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Wed May 10 09:56:30 CDT 2006

Morning Ruslan,

On May 9, 2006, at 4:39 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> Page 113 of the document I'm looking at, indicates 65K bytes.
>>
>> What am I not understanding here?
>
> What document? This should be fixed.

This is in the V4RB_Reference_2_en.pdf, created 2/2/06. Paradigma
Software Inc. www.paradigmasoft.com © 1998 - 2006

Check page 113....

Properties Description
MaxLength as Integer
The Maximum length of a field can be in the range of values 1 ..
65535 bytes. It can be applied to VString, VVarChar, VFixedBinary,
VVarBinary fields.

> In 2.3 we have set limit to 4K for VarChar
>
>> What is the text storage item that will store 65K bytes? What is the
>> call to establish it in an API-way database table?
>
> TEXT

I'll look at it.

Thank.

Regards,