[VSERVER/V4RB] - Vserver on X.4.6, V4RB 2.3 Client Connection

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Wed May 10 07:53:03 CDT 2006

On 5/8/06 12:46 PM, "Russ Tyndall" <fitzbew at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Is anyone using Vserver 2.3 on X.4.6 with RB 2006 clients from XP
> successfully? Updating tables with a mixture of varchar and text fields?  I
> guess it would give me peace of mind to know that this *can* work, and that
> I am suffering from some local issue.

Surprisingly (perhaps only to me), I never got any response to this
question. Public or private.

For the time being, I've abandoned trying to get V4RB Win32 to work with
Vserver on Mac OS X.

I noticed a recent email:

****

VCOM - 2.4 b5
- 0001595: [API] VTable.CreateVarChar() in fact have create String field.
(Kirill)

****

Could this bug have something to do with my problem?  I know we are talking
about two different products (V4RB vs. VCOM), but if this was in the kernel,
wouldn't it affect everything that uses the kernel?

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC