BitSets and ArraySets important note!

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Wed May 10 11:12:57 CDT 2006

net] On Behalf Of Ruslan Zasukhin
> Sent: 10 May 2006 10:56
> To: valentina at lists.macserve.net
> Subject: BitSets and ArraySets important note!
>
> Hi Joakim,
>
> VERY IMPORTANT note which is mentioned in docs

Can you tell me were this is said? The docs is huge mass of text so I may
have missed it but I have read these parts many times, maybe too many times
to see anything!

> * when some function FindXXXXX( ..., set )
>   expect set it is expect BitSet usually.
>
>     you CANNOT send here ArraySet because then result is simple ZERO.
>
>     THIS IS known issue which should be improved on kernel level..

Well this stress further WHY I need FindLinkedAsBitSet in same style as
FindLinked. I can't search further in the linked set if I not get a bitset.
As for FindValueArraySet not being a bug it must in such case be it
"demands" a bitset in the InSet as Vset, but I haven't been able to test as
I can't get one from my linked records, only all linked records in tables
and then I can just not set in inSet argument as all, getting same result.

> * [TIP] use in names of variables BitSet and ArraySet
>
>     bitsSearchRes
>
>     arrsSearchRes

Yes this may be a good point, guess I am just a bit lazy, especially when
it's small functions with local vars. In VB it's also easy to just right
click the var to see its type.

Joakim