BitSet operations

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 9 00:21:36 CDT 2006

On 5/8/06 10:07 PM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:

Hi Joakim,

>> May be it will be MUCH MORE easy for you use SQL ?
>> Why you want to use BitSets?
>>
>> Work with Set require very good understanding of set math,
>> And it require keep in brain each step and each result..
>>
> Maybe easier to use SQL yes, but I like to learn the API way and use of
> bitsets and the way to learning and understanding in by practice.

No problems! :-)

Just I want to be sure that you realize that exists SQL way.

> I look over the mail archive and find almost no comment on bit sets, still I
> know you have put a lot of thinking into create this new technique - so it
> would be a pitty if it isn't used! I like to learn new things...

Just BitSets and ArraySets - this is the main low-level tools of Valentina
engine. We self use them in our SQL engine.

In Valentina 2.x we have open these tools to all developers.

They are more powerful, while require more coding and "think different" :-)

> I think ones I have understood fully to use this it will be very useful for
> situations were a larger part of data is needed to process further from an
> even larger part (full table) and I have many such situations.

This is right. Using sets it is possible write more effective data
manipulations.