Accessing Data in VLinked Records

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Mon May 8 09:49:53 CDT 2006

I'm just a neophyte around here. Especially with this VLink/Binary-
Link business. So, I feel like I'm floundering about here.

My current question about this technique, in the API-way, is...

How do I get to related records via a Binary-Link record? What sort
of call is necessary to get the recID for a particular record from a
Binary-Link?

I imagine that one would already know the name of the file you're
interested in and from there it would just be a matter of goto the
recID in the table and get the data or set it.

I'm just having trouble figuring out how to get the recID out, as I
cannot see a call to accomplish that.

Regards,

Chuck Pelto