Table structure? -- PTR

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 1 22:14:08 CDT 2006

On 5/1/06 10:01 PM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:

>> No, for NORMAL case of third M:M table - NO.
>> And than more know IF you will use STRINGS to be keys and PTRs.
>>
> All old keys are string[2 or 4] in fact.

>> Again, in your old db you SOMEHOW did play *without* third table.
>> So that was not real M:M relationship.
>>
> No it's not a real M:M, actually it's a M:1 (not 1:M) as M side is used to
> return the 1 side belonging to it. Yes I know, this is strange things. But I
> maybe have forgot one link when putting it in relational.

Then this change things.

* you have PTR field, but you have also only M : 1 direction of lookup!!!
    this means that you can do very rare case: DO NOT INDEX this PTR field.

* I think in this case you can use ObjectPtr and set flag fIndexed OFF.
    interesting if we allow this :-)
    we was sure that nobody need non-indexed ObjectPtr.