Table structure?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 1 21:48:43 CDT 2006

On 5/1/06 9:17 PM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:

>> Yes - 207,391 pairs will go into BinaryLink.
>>
>> I can say minimal size current will be 24, avg 36 bytes per pair.
>>
>> So in your case expected size of Binary Link should be 7.46 Mb.
>
> But this is a bit strange as it's much more then if I simply keep my Primary
> key. Well I will look at it again.

No, for NORMAL case of third M:M table - NO.
And than more know IF you will use STRINGS to be keys and PTRs.

Again, in your old db you SOMEHOW did play *without* third table.
So that was not real M:M relationship.

Again, when we will add optimization - specify DIRECTION of link usage,
    then blink will be 2 times less, e.g. 3.2MB.
    in best case it will be possible compact it to 2.4Mb.

Do you want calculate size in old case?

If yes, please remind me WHAT Key filed was in ONE-left table
And what PTR fields was in MANY table with 207,391 records