Trimming the icudt30 file

Erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Mon May 1 16:07:43 CDT 2006

On 1-mag-06, at 13:08, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 5/1/06 11:42 AM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:
>
>> I've read some of this page and I admit I understand not much,
>> but seems to me that you can trim those data at compile time
>> by not including certain files in the build
>
> Yes I also have note this reading it again.
>
>> Can we mess with the binary data file in the VComponents folder?
>
> You mean replace one by another ?
>
> It looks yes

no, I meant put the hands into the binary to remove unnecessary data
but the answer of course should be not

I have not the necessary knowledge though (and maybe nor the tools)
to build one on my own

maybe you could define some likely useful subsets such as:
minimum data
western data
easteuropean data
asian data
arabic data

and put them in the distribution so that we could pick those that
most fit our needs,
but I know somebody will always come up unsatisfied of the proposed
combinations ;-)

ideal would be some sort of utility with all the languages listed in
a listbox with checkboxes and check the ones we want to build

Cool Runnings,
Erne.