Searches not returning correct results

Chuck Neal chuck at mediamacros.com
Fri Mar 31 15:10:38 CST 2006

I have a program that started acting up.  I traced it down to the SELECT
searches not returning the correct results.  Here is an example...

SELECT * FROM Technique_Option WHERE option = "I2G8L5-11Q5GIK-T47Q0I-2T"

I can manually go in there and get the data and there are 7 records that
this statement is true for.  No extra spaces, etc.  I even copied and
pasted the id from the data browser to make sure that I had the value
correct.  The option field is a VarChar 100. When I execute the SQL
query I get this...

3:01:09 PM: Error: File
\Paradigma\Developer_2\sources\VStudio\Plugins\Valentina_2\vsV2_Database.cpp,
Line 1615
3:01:09 PM: Error: Kernel error: 0x51500
3:01:09 PM: Error: Identifier "I2G8L5-11Q5GIK-T47Q0I-2T" is not found.

I have tried rebuilding the database, cloning, etc with no luck.  (Well,
that is if it will import and export without crashing and loosing my
registration, and corrupting the file).

What am I doing wrong here?  It seems that every couple of weeks on this
project I am chasing down a phantom bug like this that always comes back
to something screwy with the database.  Anyone have any suggestions?

-Chuck
Chuck Neal
CEO, MediaMacros, Inc.
chuck at mediamacros.com