Valentina db problem

Steve Zehngut steve at zeek.com
Thu Mar 30 16:30:47 CST 2006

I inherited a Director project that uses a Valentina database. I do
own a Valentina serial num, but I have never developed a project
using Valentina. I am a mySQL programmer and I very familiar with
writing SQL queries.

Is there any tool that I can use to view the schema and/or data in
this Valentina database? I tried downloading the demo of the Studio,
but it did not seem to want to open this db file. I chose "Open Local
Database..." and it seemed to open. But nothing appears in the
columns at the bottom of the interface. When I click "Data Browser",
it tells me I need to open a database first. Am I doing something wrong?

I then tried a few of the example files that come with the Valentina
xtra. I ran "Database_OpenAny.dir" and when I try to open the
database, I get an error that says "Unable to open the database". In
the message window it shows error code -39.

Can you help?

Thanks,
-Steve

Steve Zehngut