What are the steps to create a remote DB?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 23 21:26:54 CST 2006

On 3/23/06 9:15 PM, "Kevin Windham" <kevo at gatorgraphics.com> wrote:

>> Okay then, let's see.    You might make certain that you're calling
>> Valentina.InitClient instead of Valentina.Init.   Since you're
>> using GetFolderItem, you might check to make certain that you're
>> getting a non-nil FolderItem, and that it is a file, not a
>> directory.  And you might set Valentina.DebugLevel to
>> EVDebugLevel.kLogParams to see where the crash occurs.
>
> The folderitem is not nil. I am calling InitClient.
>
> The log on the server shows
>
> 13:80:24.137295 (41990656): (16) ERROR 0xFFFFFFD5: (null)

Wait. This is only one line which it show ???

Set in the ini file VerboseLevel = 3.

Also I recommend to learn how to run vserver from terminal (see PDF)
This allow you see in live mode log

> While the log from the client shows
>
> Database_Create...
> PARAM: inDatabase = 26280252
> PARAM: inMode = 4
> PARAM: inSegmentSize = 32768
> PARAM: inNativeOS = 0

> Is there any VServer setup that should be done before trying to
> create a DB? Oh, I am using 2.2 of both the V4RB plugin and the
> VServer_Office.

No special setup.

* Do you keep server and client on different computer?

* have you try Vserver and V4RB/Examples on the same computer?
    our examples have flag gClient that allow them run in client mode.