local vs. client

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 23 11:04:42 CST 2006

On 3/23/06 6:32 AM, "Robert Sneidar" <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

> Just a quick confirmation, it looks like syntax between local and
> remote connections is disparate enough

For example?

> that it would be a bad idea to  try to develop in local mode and then switch
> to remote later on. Am I  correct in this assumption?

Not exactly.

> That is, if I intend my final product to
> be a multiuser application, shouldn't I develop using client mode?

Well, this is the most safe of course. Or at least do each day testing with
server.

Our Target is that ANY application that work in LOCAL mode will work in
CLIENT mode with only few lines changed.

BUT of course it needs understand here:

* that SQL was invented for effective access to REMOTE servers.
    So you should use SQL way and avoid API way.

* We do all our best to make work API way normally with Vserver.
    main problem here is: a lots of functions must be described
    on protocol. This give so called "reach protocol"

    We still have problems with API way + server, and we already have
    invent new way to make it stable, and even automate our work.
    We hope implement this in 2.4 build of Vserver + clients

    But even when we get stable and perfectly working API methods
    with Valentina Server it still needs to understand that we
    give this way thinking only about FAST LOCAL networks.
    IF you going to work via inet and slow networks do not use API way.
    SQL is your best friend in this case.