[V4RB] Slow query comparing to v1.1

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Mon Mar 13 19:22:30 CST 2006

Hi,

In a project I use the following SQL query many times at startup:

SELECT Count(*)
FROM myTable
WHERE myField LIKE '%Q%'
AND myField LIKE '%U%'
AND myField NOT LIKE '%D%'

Well, it is slow as a crawl. myField is an indexed VvarChar
(EVFlag.fIndexed). It takes 15 seconds to perform when it was almost
instantaneous with Valentina v1. myField contains a group of 6 (up to
32) letters with no spaces to keep track of statuses.

My question is, can this be optimized? or should I use now 6 (up to
32) boolean fields to replace that design? I guess the best would be
a new EVFlag.fIndexedByChars modifier. Could it be possible?

~/Stan