[V4MD 2.2 win] Newbie question

John Georgiou jgeorgiou at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 13 11:30:28 CST 2006

Hi again. I didn't find any solution in my problem. I also sent a test vdb
file and a director file presenting the problem to Ivan, but I didn't get
any responce. You can download the test files from
www.optimedia.gr/test/test.zip it's only 100kb.

I'll appreciate any available help.
Best Regards
John

Hi John,

>Hi all,
>I make some experiments with the trial version of valentina xtra (Version
>2.2) and I have a problem.
>I imported an Access (mdb) database via ODBC and Valentina Studio and I
>created a new database. Some of the fields contain Greek characters.

>As I saw in Valentina Studio the columns have Locale Name : Greek and
>Storage
>Eencoding: UTF16 . This Happend automaticaly and I suppose is right.

Ok, so Valentina Studio have create the whole structure of Valentina db,
Right?

>When I try to make some queries (inside Director and Valentina Studio) with
>Latin characters everythingworks fine, and I get results.

ok

>The problem is when I try to make a query with Greek characters. In
>Valentina studio I get the result fine, but when I create my query inside
>Director I get nothing.

So Valentina Studio returns correct results. Good.

>Do I have to change something in the database? Or
>may be I have to change the string I create in Director to something else?

Greek is one of the Roman languages group, right ?

Can you show your query?
May be if db is not big (compressed) send it to Ivan (see CC)
With simple .dir file to test