[VNET 1.0] Error wirth VCursor.Add + Update Methods

SoftIl softil at onlinehome.de
Fri Mar 10 09:29:44 CST 2006

Hallo Ivan,
thanks for your fast answer. :-)

> using(VCursor  c  =  db.SqlSelect("SELECT  ID,  BLOB  FROM  T1  WHERE
> RecID=0", EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadWrite ))
A forth parameter where missing in your excample:
ECursorDirection.kForwardOnly
If I add this parameter it works fine. :-)

But now I've got a new problem with the kBOLB field:
If I store an value from type byte[] in a blob-field,
I get not an byte[] return.
For excample:

Array array = null;
VBLOB blobValue;
byte[] myValue = new byte[]
(_cursor[_index] as VBLOB).WriteBLOBData(myValue as Array);
blobValue = (_cursor[_index] as VBLOB);
blobValue.ReadBLOBData(ref array,blobValue.Length);
myValue = _array as byte[];  //returns NULL
How can I prevent the translation of my valuetypes if I write it in a blob
field?

And a last question:
How can I write data in a kPicture field?
_cursor[_index] = myValue;  //it doesn't work.   //myValue is a picture as
byte[]

>Register  it  as  a  feature  request  to  Mantis please (bug tracking
>system).
What do you mean?
I can read it, but I don't understand it.
What means "Mantis"?
What I have to register as a feature request?

Best regards,
Carsten