Is Valentina 2 for Director Backward compatible?

Tatyana Gutierrez tgutierrez at fls-inc.com
Thu Mar 9 12:33:36 CST 2006

Hi Ruslan,

Thank you so much for your response.

It looks like it is backward compatible but we need to change command
structure.

I have a follow up question, if we change the code can we still use the
old database structure (Valentina 1) or do we need to convert to 2.x
format? From your response, it appears that we would still need to
convert.

Could you please let us know?

Basically, this is an upgrade that the schools already running old
databases will receive.  So we need to determine what work it would
entail on their end to be able to use the data that already exists in
the old database.

Thank you so much for all your help,
Tatyana

Tatyana Gutierrez