CollationAttribute( EVColAttribute.kStrength ) problem or bug?

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at valentina-db.com
Thu Mar 2 18:07:31 CST 2006

Hello Stan,

> Hi Ivan,

> Done, I have added report #0001360 to Mantis with a sample RB project
> + database so you can reproduce the issue.

So now I see the whole picture.

1. There is database, converted from 1.x.
2. There  is  UNIQUE  string-field.  You  know - now we set IDENTICAL
collation strength for unique string fields before convert the data.

Now,  such  a  field  has OWN collator and ignores database's and table's
ones at all.

Also please note, changing collator strength leads to rebuild index.
This field is unique  also  - so it is possible to get the unique violation
exception if new strength is not able to get unique data.

 Ivan                            mailto:ivan_smahin ÎÁ valentina-db.com