Database Benchmarks at REAL World 2006

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Wed Mar 1 16:39:48 CST 2006

I'm way behind on my email, and I don't know if it has been mentioned here
yet.  But at RW 2006 during Geoff's keynote presentation he showed a
performance benchmark comparing MySQL, PostgeSQL, and the new SQL database
offered by RealSoftware.  Needless to say the RS offering came in better
overall, with a factor of 2 better performance than PostgreSQL, and a factor
of four over MySQL.

Geoff also mentioned that they were going to make the benchmarks available
to the public so that other could run them to compare other databases.  I'm
sure Ruslan will want to jump all over this when time permits.  I look
forward to seeing the results.

--Ed