CollationAttribute( EVColAttribute.kStrength ) problem or bug?

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Wed Mar 1 18:20:51 CST 2006

Hi,

I have a little problem with CollationAttribute
( EVColAttribute.kStrength ). I set it to kPrimary right after
converting databases from v1 to v2 format. Use to work for 99% of my
customers so far. However with the remaining 1% the attribute is
applied partially. In other words, some tables will be set to that
attribute and others not. In that 1 % customers the line:

myDatabase.CollationAttribute( EVColAttribute.kStrength ) =
EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary

only set the attribute to some tables but not all. I have pinpointed
the problem to one table so I used:

myDatabase.myTable.CollationAttribute( EVColAttribute.kStrength ) =
EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary

but it has no effect. Queries on that table continues to be
UCOL_IDENTICAL (when loaded in Valentina Studio)

Pinpointing up to the field I wrote:

myDatabase.myTable.VarCharField("myFieldname").CollationAttribute
( EVColAttribute.kStrength ) = EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary

and then BOOM, it is set to primary.

So my question is, is the myDatabase.CollationAttribute() global? If
not, why some table are not set properly.
or... is myDatabase.myTable.CollationAttribute() table wide?

Could it be a bug?

~/Stan