boolean field value refuses to change

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 28 13:35:26 CDT 2006

On 6/23/06 12:16 PM, "Lilu" <gogaworm at tut.by> wrote:

> I save values to the DB using the code
>
> public sub SaveDB( ByVal table as IVTable, ByVal id as Integer, ByVal
> fieldName as String, ByVal value as Object )
>    table.RecId = _id 'some valid id
>    dim _field as IVField = _table.Field(fieldName)
>    _field.Value = value
>    table.UpdateRecord()
> end sub

Illona,

I have remember this code and want point

* you develop VNET + Vserver. From scratch.

* we recommend use for Client/server projects the
        Database + Vcursor + SQL way.

AVOID to use API way and work with VTable, Vlink classes directly.
This way still have some things to be resolved, e.g. Problem with
concurrency. We need yet open to ADK functions methods of low level locks of
records such as

        VTable.LockRecords( VSet inSet, ushort inOwnerID )
        VTable.UnlockRecords( VSet inSet, ushort inOwnerID )

At least always do not forget about concurrency !!!