Crash 'EXC_BAD_ACCESS' when calling CreateDatabase() in C++ VSDK

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Thu Jun 22 23:30:19 CDT 2006

n Jun 22, 2006, at 10:26 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 6/23/06 4:59 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:
>
>> The only thing that causes the RELEASE app to crash seems to be the
>> same thing that Shaun Wexler pointed out:
>
>> I have more than one version of the Valentina libraries linked to my
>> app.
>
> But how ???

Ruslan,

I am wondering if it might have something to do with another issue I
asked about.

I have twice mentioned the "version 0.0.0" problem, and you once
responded:

On Jun 2, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> On 6/3/06 12:18 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:
>
>> Ruslan,
>>
>> In certain configurations of my XCode project, I get this error:
>>
>> dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/
>> VSDK.framework/Versions/A/VSDK
>>    Referenced from: /Volumes/Alpha2/Dev-ProjectBuilder/Cocoa-
>> Projects/
>> RadiusAuthenticator2/build/Debug/RadiusAuthenticator2.app/Contents/
>> MacOS/RadiusAuthenticator2
>>    Reason: Incompatible library version: RadiusAuthenticator2
>> requires version 1.0.0 or later, but VSDK provides version 0.0.0
>>
>> What does this mean?
>
> I will try tomorrow make new VSDK build using xcode 2.3
>
> Also I will check this version for VSDK.Framework..
> This is 1.x version VSDK as I see

The VSDK.framework that is causing this "version 0.0.0" problem is
the one inside
the vcomponents folder. Because that one has the "version 0.0.0"
problem, I cannot use it.
I am forced to link instead to an older copy of VSDK.framework (which
is, unfortunately, not Universal),
which exists in an entirely different location.

Could this be contributing to the problem?

I can send another copy of the project, if that helps.

- Matthew